From:
Mike Lodico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:03:53 EST

I have included below a link to the complete article which was posted on
Healthscoutnews.com on August 6th.  It is important to note that
according to this study the death rate is 2.6 times higher among those
whose diagnosis was delayed for a year, and 3.8 times higher for those
who weren't diagnosed for 10 years. The study also found the death rate
for those who failed to stick to a gluten-free diet was six times higher
than those who had. This means two things, (1) We must take the GF diet
seriously and be honest with ourselves of the potential consequences if
we dont. (2) Early diagnosis is the best medicine, We need to work
harder to educate the public and medical community about celiac disease.
<A HREF="http://www.healthscoutnews.com/080601rate.htm">HealthSCOUT:
Watching the Medical World for News About You</A>
http://www.healthscoutnews.com/080601rate.htm

Mike Lodico www.glutenfreeinwny.com   <A
HREF="http://www.glutenfreeinwny.com/">Gluten Free In WNY</A>