Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 15:05:17 -0400

<<You know this list is great but...
I call Tacobell's 800 number and they tell me the ingredients on
their corn shells are corn flour, oil, and water.
Why do I call? Because I read a post on this list stating that the
same 800 # source told them there was "wheat" in them.
We need to be a little more specific information when trashing a
major fast food source.  Is wheat listed as an ingredient or is the
corn grown in the same state that someone grows wheat?>>

Hi all- I remember reading in one of the foundations newsletters last year (I
think it was CDF) that Taco Bell had admitted that they sometimes use oat in
making their corn taco shells- I think each time a company is contacted, you
may speak to a different employee who may have info that is inconsistent as
ingredient sourcing changes constantly.
Always better to be safe than sorry.
p.s. I use to react to them,  and I am not as sensitive as some.- or it could
have been the lactose issue at the time.
Best Regards,
Leslie-NYC