From:
AnswerAppraisals <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AnswerAppraisals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:32:03 -0600

Thanks to all who took the time to e-mail recipes!  Here is the summary:

1. Instead try Glutino Breakfast Bars in Blueberry.  They are like a Nutri-Grain bar and they taste pretty good.

2. Use a pie crust recipe and just sandwich jelly between. It ends up thick and needs to be flipped to cook all the way.

 3. www.celiac.com, go to the site index and look for recipes, there are alot of recipes there.  This e-mail included a recipe by Scott Adams  that I'm assuming is in the above site but it is copyrighted so I'm not sure if I should include it in here.

4.  Another wants a recipe too but suggested a breakfast product called  "Mochi". You just slice it, and bake it and it pops up like a puffed pastry. She tried the cinnamin raisin and then I made a cream cheese
frosting and drizzled it over it. She said they tasted like a cross between a cinnamon roll and puffed pastry.

5.  Another said go to http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=celiac&msg=51610.1

6.  Another person would use pie crust dough too and shape into squares or rectangles.  Spread strawberry jam in the middle, and put top on it.  Crimp the edges with a fork and bakes.  She would make a mixture of powdered sugar and milk or water and spread on time after it had cooled only slightly.

I think these are all great suggestions and I am going to go shopping to get the ingredients and try all of them!  I know the "real" Pop Tarts aren't even healthy at all--I don't give these to my other kids for breakfast that could have them, but at least they've tried them.  It's tough when your child would like to at least try something to know what it tastes like and they can't.  I really appreciate all the help on this!