From:
K. Hutch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:56:50 -0500

I am looking for info regarding DH and healing.  I started breaking out in
blisters in June 99, was finally positively diagnosed via two separate
biopsies in October 99.  After 3 months of my GP saying hmmmmm lets try
this or that ointment....., the dermatologist took one look and said "text
book case", biopsy to confirm. By the time the scheduled dietician appt.
arrived, I was much more knowledgeable than the dietician about my
condition (thanks to this list and various websites.)  Since October I have
to my knowledge remained g/f.   I eat very plain, lots of fruit, veggies,
rice, potatoes and meat.  However, I cannot seem to clear up completely.  I
am much better than before being g/f, but always have new blisters.  The
dermatologist offered the dapsone, however, the side effects made me
cautious.  I felt I could control the diet.   I am now wondering how long
has it taken others to heal completely, once you are eating g/f?  I have
researched the food lists and if anything is questionable I do not eat it.
Any DH history responses would be helpful.    I am also curious how adults
have modified their cooking.  As the mother/ chief cook and pot washer / I
make my family regular gluten filled meals while adjusting for my special
requirements (rice noodles, rice crackers, etc.) Have you modified the
whole family diet or just your own?  With a child I can imagine changing
the whole families diet.  I will summarize and special thanks this list for
such valuble information.

Kaye