From:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Mackin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:14:11 -0500

Hi everyone,

I have a few DH questions. I am looking for information from people
who were officially diagnosed with DH and have been treated for it, or
from professionals.
How can someone be diagnosed DH when their biopsies were negative for it,
blood work for Celiac is "below negative". This is a confirmed Celiac,
on a very strict diet. NO NO NO chance of any gluten here..........
Dr. wants to start her on Dapsone, i dont like what i read about Dapsone.
Dont like the side effects etc. My gut is so strongly against it.
But again, my question, how can you have supposed DH, a very very bad
blistering skin condition, with no trace of gluten anywhere, for at least
3 years.......also what is known about Dapsone.
The rash she has is bad, about 8 lesions, large blisters, start out like
small pimples. NOT in bunches, single ones' on legs and back.
ps. no detergent changes, all lotions and cremes are from the DR., all GF.

Thanks everyone
Betsy