From:
Melissa Gilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 20:33:24 EDT

Hello to all,

I first want to thank everyone who responded and for all your wishes in the
hopes that Melissa is on the road to recovery.  We had the tubes installed
on Mon 4/3, so the wait is now on to see if they will give her the relief
that she needs from her chronic ear infections.

The majority of respondents felt that the sores were a "yeast infections" or
also called "thrush".  We have since seen a second ear/nose/throat doctor
and he too felt that was the cause.  It is a reaction to the antibiotics and
her system being low from fighting the ear infections.

A few people thought that she may be reacting to the diary in her diet, as
it appears that celiac and dairy intolerance CAN go hand in hand.

If and when the next outbreak happens it will be interesting to see the
cause of it.  If she has an ear infection, if she had dairy, or if we can
determine if some gluten may have gotten in her diet.

Thanks again for all the tips, input and kind thoughts.

Laura
Mom of Melissa 2yrs 2 mos.