From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 14:26:47 GMT

>I am looking for some pre-made, mail-order pizza shells.  I have been GF for
>about six months and really miss pizza.  I have tried Ener-G foods brand and
>couldn't handle the styrofoam-like taste.

This is an interesting comment.  This past weekend, GIG of Florida had a vendor
food fair in Cooca Beach.  One of the items served was the Ener-G Foods pizza
shells.

Since there were new cooking instructions, we asked one of the celiac men to
cook a sample and taste it.  His results were similar to what was reported
above.  Not believing this after I had a report from another support group, I
asked the hospital chef to cook a sample before the fair.  Five of us tasted
the sample and it was quiet good.  It is not a thin crust pizza but we enjoyed
it.  Based upon this we gave the go ahead and had only one complaint from seven
eaters.  A few people had tried them years before and were not happy.  They
changed their mind and are now ordering the shells.

In the logfiles there is a very good discussion on pizza with a few recipes.
Instead of searching for the word pizza in the message, request only messages
that contain the word pizza in the subject.  Anyone needing help can drop me a
note on how to do a database search.

For general interest, here is another piece of information.  Unknown to us, we
had a gate crasher at the fair.  Since the hospital cafeteria closes at one, it
appears that someone was hungry and they proceeded to make themself at home
with our GF foods.  One of the members introduced themself and this is how the
fact was detected.  The gate crashers enjoyed themselves and eat everything on
their plate (the deserts and the pasta) regretteably I do not know if they
tried the pizza.  I understand some will say that when you are hungry anything
is good, but normally you do not clean your plate.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA