From:
"Osborn, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Osborn, Chris
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 06:58:18 -0700

Hello everyone...

     Thanks so much for all your help... Heres what I
got in response...

Try www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a guide with 50
national/regional
restaurants and their lists of Gf/WF menu items.
=========
If you go to www.silly-yak.com and go to the LINKS
page, at the bottom
is a
complete listing of celiac friendly NYC restaurants.
========
try Julians, on 9th ave and 52nd
==========
Try the Judson Grill, fine restaurant. Bill Telepan is
the chef, and he
is a
genius with vegetables, and very good in everything
else as well.  The
wine
selections are also excellent, by the glass as well as
bottle.
The address is
152 West 52 Street (between 6th and 7th)
Tel. 212-582-5252.
===========
There are two great restaurants in the City that
participate in the
GFRAP
http://glutenfreerestaurants.org/Cur/index.shtml  and
several around
the
City.
================
You can't go to NYC without going to one of the many
great steak places like Sparks, Smith &

Wollensky, The Palm, just to name a few.
==================
glutenfreerestaurants.org, also O'Lunney's is right
near Times Square(?), irish pub.
===============
 Gus' Place in greenwich village (149 waverly
place)has a GF
menu -- just ask when you are seated.  i have often
eaten at heartland
brewery at 127 west 43rd in times square.  also
manhattan bistro on
spring street in soho.  also josie's at 74th and
amsterdam. also le monde on
broadway at 112th street. all four of the latter are
very used to
seeing my restaurant sheet.
=================
I stayed in the same area in January.
I loved  Hell's Kitchen.  They are on Broadway.
Very knowledgeable about CD and told me what I could
have on the menu or offered

substitutions.
================
There is a wonderful Italian restaurant off Times
Square called Da Marino.  Unfortunately, I
don't have the exact address, but they are listed in
the phonebook.  I found plenty of
delicious safe foods on their menu.  It is a really
charming little place that was totally
reasonable (like $65/two including wine).
=====================
We like the Brazil Grill, near Times Square.  It's on
eighth ave., up
around
46th or 48th. (they have a webpage; you can find the
exact address).
Very
nice food, and many gf choices.  There are also a lot
of Thai places in
that
area.
I live in NYC.  I frequent Gus' Place and Rissoteria.
They're both
located
in the Village

Thanks again,