Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:13:22 -0400

I have learned through experimentation that if you mix one 250 gm
package of Brazilian Pao de Queijo mix (made by Yoki and it says Nao
contem gluten right on the front) with 2 eggs worth of Eggbeaters and 2
Tablespoons of sunflower oil, and perhaps a tablespoon of water
depending on the consistency of the dough, you can make an approximation
of the dough used for Samosas, and then instead of frying the pastries
you bake them.I rolled the dough out between two pieces of waxed paper.
For each samosa you need a walnut sized piece of dough, so one package
makes enough for 12-15 pastries.

The dough has a cheesy flavor, so the resulting samosa is what I would
call a sort of fusion cooking - Brasil-indie food, and if you use this
dough for empanadas (it is much more similar to empanada dough) you
would call it Espan-indie.

You bake the resulting pastries for 25 minutes at 375, and they come out
crunchy and brown - the dough would also make an interesting cracker.

Quite an acceptable product - we used a potato and pea style of samosa
filling, but a meat one would probably go even better with this dough
and would be better able to compete with the cheese flavor.

Alice