From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:50:36 -0800

Hi All--

I originally wanted information on
organizations/groups/companies that published or
comprised gf food and/or drug guides. I do not intend
for this post to be misconstrued as a marketing tool -
simply a list of resources available that list gf
foods and drugs. Thanks to everyone who responded -
21+ replied with suggestions and comments, as well as
the names and addresses of some of what is available.

Everyone seemed to have their favorite source(s) of
information, but almost everyone made some comment
that there didn't seem to be *one* complete and
authoritative guide; many people bought more than one
guide and combined information. Several people warned
that not all foods/manufacturers are distributed or
located in all regions of the country, so it's
sometimes difficult to find items listed in the
guides, and a number of people warned that some
listings were very much out of date - the gluten
status of foods are sometimes not checked for over a
year.

One person indicated that she was working on an
ingredients listing, which may be of benefit simply
because ingredients are not so dynamic. This person
will post to the listserv when the listing is
finished.

I am in no way affiliated with any of the sources
listed below. Many people asked me to summarize what I
learned. I'm sure there are even more internet sites
and/or guides, books, newsletters, magazines, etc.,
but these are what were sent to me. If I inadvertently
left out a source that someone sent to me, please let
me know and I'll post an addendum. --Ayn/Kansas

____________________

Commercial Products Listing
CSA/USA, Inc.

P. O. Box 31700
Omaha, NE  68131-0700
(Normally published in the spring of the year. The
latest edition, the 6th, was published in October 2001
and is available for $10 from the address above)

_________________

The Tri-County Shopping Guide is published in October
and is available for $12 from:

TCCSSG Shopping Guide
47829 Vistas Circle N
Canton, MI  48188

_________________

Internet site: www.celiac.com (always up to date per
Scott Adams)

_________________

Clan Thompson publishes pocket guides, ebooks, and
lists for computers and palms. The web site is:
www.clanthompson.com

_________________

Commercial product listings can be found at:
www.geocities.com/hotsprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html

and medicines at:
www.geocities.com/gluten/rx/gluten.html

"Gluten-Free Diet: A Comprehensive Resource Guide" can
be previewed at: www.glutenfreediet.ca

Stokes Pharmacy publishes a guide of gf medications,
but I didn't receive contact or pricing information
for them.