From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:09:02 EST

A few weeks ago, I posted an experience at a Burger King in Marlton that was
horrible. I wrote to the company headquarters, who sent me an apology and
coupons I thought I'd never use.

Yesterday, I found myself having to stop at a Burger King in Burlington, New
Jersey. I had been there before and had no complaints. The cashier/manager
and cook handled my request with care and diligence. The cashier/manager even
brought out fresh tongs to serve the fries...without my asking.

Hint: If you're going to do BK, and you order the hamburgers, ask them to
hold the mayo. They'll give the the mayo in little packets, if you want.
Otherwise, the mayo that is being spread on your burger and the knife  can
have crumbs from earlier meals. The ketchup comes out of a squirt bottle.
(The mayo and ketchup are Heinz.)

I wrote to the company that owns this particular BK and to the headquarters
in Miami, and to the manager of the BK. May seem like a lot of work, but
explaining celiac sprue and complimenting them when they do it right, is just
as important as complaining.  Lin