From:
Kathy Velasquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:41:15 -0400

Hi everyone.  Wanted to thank everyone for their response to my question
of whether you can have gluten reactions to the lyme vaccine, as I had,
or thought I had.Here are the responses:

       1) One lady who is aceliac does not have reactions to vaccines,
          but her husband (who is not a celiad) does have gluten
          reactions to vaccines

       2) 3 others who have had the shot did not have gluten reactions

       3) One responder said "anything entering a muscle will enter the
          gut as it is a muscle too"  -- not sure if I agree with this

       4) another said you can have gluten reactions other than from
          injestion, for example through the skin, then it can enter the
          bloodstream and cause an autoimmune reaction

From the above, I figured I probably did have a reaction the the
vaccine, but I don't believe it damaged my intestine, just reacted when
it entered my bloodstream.  Since I live surrounded by woods, I think
getting the vaccine is worth the little trouble i had.  Thanks all!  God
Bless.  Kathy V