From:
Todd Sorensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 11:05:37 EST

I apologize in advance for what I am about to post, in the dead of winter
it sounds absolutely too good to be true:

There is absolutely no substitute for tacos made with fresh ground beef,
browned with a little garlic and onion then simmered in homemade salsa
made with FRESH GREEN CHILES, roasted to perfection and chopped with
fresh garden tomatoes, cilantro, onion, garlic and a pinch of oregano.

Hatch green chiles (from Hatch, New Mexico of course) are the best but
chiles can be grown in the home garden.  A variety called "Big Jim" is
our favorite, full of flavor yet mild on the "heat index".  I hope it
will grow here in the bread basket of America!

Danelle Sorensen
Kansas City, KS, USA (but formerly from Albuquerque, New Mexico)