Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:36:59 -0500

Dear Listmates -
Thank you to everyone who responded.
This is a little late - and it may not be complete.
I had arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday.  That's why I needed the
aspirin information.  I have to take an aspirin a day for 6 weeks to
prevent
blood clots, which is a very small risk after any knee surgery.

So:

A large number of listmates recommended Ecotrin.  This has a coating to
make it easy on the stomach, and it is GF.  That's what I bought.

One listmate said Excedrin is GF, but I don't know if that is aspirin or
some other pain killer.  I have to take aspirin once a day, in addition
to any pain killer for the knee surgery.

One listmate recommended Anacin, regular and extra strength, but again,
I don't know if that is aspirin or not.

One listmate suggested visiting this web site for GF information:
<http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/2679/gluten.html>

One listmate suggested searching the archives, and another provided GF
medications lists:
"Thanks for visiting our website.  In reference to your inquiry
concerning the gluten
content in our products, we have listed below the products which have
been tested
and do not contain detectable levels of gluten.

Children's TYLENOL® Cold Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's TYLENOL® Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength TYLENOL® Caplets
Extra Strength TYLENOL® PM Gelcaps
Imodium® AD Caplets
Infants' TYLENOL® Cherry Concentrated Drops
Children's Motrin® Cold Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension
Children's Motrin® Non-Staining Dye Free Oral Suspension
Infants' Motrin® Non-Staining Dye Free Concentrated Drops
Lactaid® Original Strength Caplets
Lactaid® Ultra Caplets
Maximum Strength TYLENOL® Allergy Sinus Caplets
Sesame Street Complete Vitamins and Minerals
Tylenol® Arthritis Pain Extended Relief Caplets"

Several mentioned Wal Mart's Equate brand as being GF.
Wal Mart has a number of Equate products, including enteric-coated
aspirin.  Probably cheaper than the Ecotrin brand.  Same idea.

Again, thank you to everyone.  There is a lot of good information here.
Vicki