From:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Frank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:40:32 -0500

Hello listmates,

I just made my first GF pizza for my son and used our favorite sauce,
Prego because I had seen it listed as safe. Upon closer inspection
the UPC  was not the one listed. It is also not the "traditional" one. The
unknown ingredient is "flavoring". After calling and arguing with the
Prego repressentative to get a direct answer to what the actually
flavoring in the jar was, I gave up. She said I could not talk to the food
chemist/nutritionist as it was proprietary info and I would know better
what to eat and not eat! She then told me that a mushroom sauce in a
larger quantity was just approved as GF. I'm two months into the diet
and would like to know is it always this difficult to get straight
answers?

Has anyone used the "fresh mushroom" (written on the green border)
- 100% natural prego sauce 51000027979 and had a reation?

Thank you for any help you can provide,
Cathy
Pittsburgh