From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 16:30:20 -0400

Sophie Masse wrote:

 >here are some GF advice/ addresses in SF I collected:

When I travel I've never had a problems finding GF meals for lunch or
dinner. Where it becomes difficult is for breakfast, especially as I
want a real breakfast, and not just a lot of carbs. And being
dairy-free, yogurt doesn't count.

In the summary posted there were 33 places listed. As far as I could
tell only one place served breakfast, and that was a bakery that only
sold carbs and didn't open until 9 AM. A bit late for starting a day
of tourism. The problem I found in SF is at the coffee shop type of
places the staff often spoke little English. They had no idea what I
was talking about when I mentioned gluten and wanted eggs cooked in a
clean pan, etc.

I suppose on my next visit I can stay at a place with a real
breakfast included. But that brings up a common problem with B&Bs.
Rarely will they increase the quantity of the foods I do eat, even
when asked. Others are pigging out on cereal, yogurt, rolls, plus the
bacon and eggs. I'm left with just the two eggs and two strips of
bacon and that's it. (Or at the last place, with vegetarian owners,
it was two eggs and a small fruit cup.) Not nearly enough for me to
start the day.

Don.