Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 19:14:48 -0500

Alright, here?s my summary.  I got a ton of great responses- thanks everyone!

A bunch of people say that baking soda is just fine, though some
cautioned it can be abrasive.  A few use it along with sea salt.
Rinsing with peroxide was also a common suggestion.  A couple of people
wrote that using a brush with nothing on it in conjunction with
Listerine (all flavors are GF) works for them.  One person suggested
eating an apple after a meal might help.  Another suggested a mixture
of half salt, half baking soda.

A couple of more unusual suggestions I got were using Neem bark or
oregano oil.  Apparantly both of these work well and have general
health benefits.  I?ve also included an excerpt about melaleuca oil at
the bottom of this summary.  There was an interesting response about
Tooth Soap as well, which was sent to the general list.

Many kinds of toothpaste were mentioned as being GF.

Kinds of toothpaste:
Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil and Neem Toothpaste - 1
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Toothpaste - 1
Aquafresh Sensitive ? 8
Tom's of Maine ? 7
Crest ? 5
Rembrandt Intense Stain Fresh Mint Flavor toothpaste ? 1
Peelu Peppermint natural toothpaste ? 1
Mentadent Fluoride with Baking Soda ? 1
Biotene ? 3
a Swiss brand called Elmex ? 1
Colgate ? 4

I was dismayed to learn that Sensodyne wasn?t considered GF in the
first place, as attested to by the company.  I?m very glad to be done
with it.  I?m not sure exactly which solution I?m going to choose in
the end, and though it will probably not be toothpaste, I have a lot
more options now. :)

Thank you so much for responding, you?ve been a great help!
Susan

melaleuca oil:
?My husband has DH so I try to keep only products in the house that act
as medicine as opposed to being poison to his system - from food to
laundry detergent to toothpaste. He too has sensitive teeth and what
we're using now that has actually improved -- yes IMPROVED -- his gum
and teeth sensitivity. It's a product from Melaleuca, The Wellness
Company. It has melaleuca oil in it which is truly an amazing plant oil
from Australia. It's properties are so healing: I burned myself SEVERLY
on my right hand (about a 3 inch square area) with boiling water. For
several weeks, I rubbed straight melaleuca oil on the burn and now, the
only person who knows I burned myself is me - the oil not only healed
the skin, but healed it so there's no scar! Amazing. My doctor is
amazed!
    Back to the toothpaste -- the melaleuca oil really does help the
gums and neither one of us have had any problems with our teeth since
we started using it - he only started about 4 months ago but I've been
using it for 2-3 years. The last dental hygiene visit didn't have him
leave in pain, like it used to. That's such an improvement!
    You can go to www.melaleuca.com to find out more about the company.
You have to join to get the best prices, much like Shaklee company, but
many of their products have been cheaper and better than items I've
purchased in the stores and they're beneficial as opposed to being
toxic. HOWEVER, there are some that I don't care for, so I'm not a
die-hard fan.?