From:
Janet Kratochvil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:44:35 -0500

I would like to thank everyone for writing me back, I found all of your
information helpful.  I had wanted to know if any one else had been on
anitbiotics to help Celiacs.  When I went off the antibiotic I seemed to get
sick.  Here a brief translation of what some wrote.

    Most everyone agreed that I should be taking "good bacteria" suplements
in large doses. Large doses of acidphilous and l-glutamine.  The l-glutimine
should probably be taken for up to a year.

    Several people said that they take the acidphilous and do not take
antibiotics.

    Two people mentioned the possibility of Candida, because of all the
anitbiotics I had been taking.  That I should get that checked out as well.

    About 10 people expressed to me that the villi could take up to 2 years
to heal, depending on the damage.  One person stated it may never completly
heal, but I will feel better.

     One person has had Celiacs for years and still has problems on and off.

     I had several people that were treated with antibiotcs and it seemed to
help, but know one knows why.

     One person was weaned off of anitbiotics after 8 months, and is now
finally antibiotic free. Still has some trouble though.

     It was mentioned to me that other food sensitivites could be the issue.
Milk products and tomato products seem to be hard digesting for some Celiac.

     It was also suggested I try and find out what else is going on in my
gut.

    The over all feeling is that I should not be on these antibiotcs for so
long.  I really do believe they are hurting more than they are helping.  I
am looking into Holistic medicine, and a new approach.  Thank you to all, I
know this takes time.