From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:46:03 EST

Hi to All,

It is very rainy here in the northeast and a good day to stay in with a
movie.  A friend of mine  came over and brought with her a pie.  I was so
upset because I cannot eats pies, but then she told me that she got it at the
food co-op especially for me because she knows I am celiac.    They are brand
new pies, just out recently and made in Dover, Ma.  I am not a good cook and
whenever I see recipes posted I automatically pass them up because however
good they are, I just should not be allowed in a kitchen.  So anyway, here
are the details on these delicious pies:

They are called: Natural Feast, and the label says No hydrogenated oil, no
corn, no dairy, no refined sugars, no eggs, wheat and gluten free, no
additives or preservatives, GMO free, no soy, no cholesterol, and they are
Vegan.  Each slice is 115 calories, which isn't too bad.  My friend brought
me Pumpkin and it is excellent.  Here are the ingredients as listed:

Pumpkin, rice flour, tapioca flour, apples, pear juice, filtered water, high
oleic safflower oil, baking sode without aluminum, vanilla without alohol,
cinnamon, giner, nutmeg, xanthan gum and salt.

She also got me an apple strusel which I haven't made yet.  There is a phone
number on the box for questions:  508-785-3322.  I don't know how much they
cost, because she got  them in an organic food co-op where she works a few
hours a month in exchange for a few boxes of assorted foods.

I also have been eating Vans Flax waffles, which are totally gluten free and
delicious.
And only this week I purchased some Bhutanese Red Rice Bread which is gluten
free and actually tastes good.  I don't like most of the GF breads, and I was
dying for a turkey sandwich--sandwich being the operative word.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the winter solstice. This is a time for
introspection and rest, so take care of yourselves.

Love and peace,

Libby
NYC