From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 13:06:26 GMT

Carolyn gave an interesting summary of her presenation of experiences with
spelt and for that I salute her acknowledgement that spelt is wheat in her
experiment.  But I have to make a few comments for the benefit or new readers.

Spelt is wheat.  Wheat is one of the know grains that does damage to a celiac's
body.  This damage may be noticeable or the symptoms may be hidden.  To my
knowledge there have not been any comprehensive studies to show the degree of
toxicity of spelt compared to wheat.

Carolyn appears to have DH with a sensitive intestine.  Hopefully, she is not
taking dapsone.  If so that may explain why some symptoms are hidden.

It was a very interesting comment that the Vita Spelt people reminder her that
"spelt was wheat and I better not eat it".  This is an excellent case of
"coporate double speak" considering the previous advertising plan that many
health food stores incorrecting quote when stating that spelt is an excellent
alternate grain.

Everyone must choose their own lifestyle, but this is almost like playing
Russian Roulette.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA