From:
Linda Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:36:40 -0500

Hi Listmates,
 I am just learning about living gluten-free since I was diagnosed only a
week ago. I went to the Mustard Seed Market to see what I could find for my
diet. When I went to the bakery the man (when he found I was a new CD
person) escorted me to the area where they keep all the gluten-free
breads,flours, pastas and other products and showed me all but still
advised I double check labels. At the check out they told me they do ship
but I would need to talk to customer service to set it up.
 I live more than thirty miles from Akron, Ohio where the Market is so I
called my sister-in-law and had her meet me for lunch. We decided to go to
Outback since I read here on the list that people had good experiences
there. I asked the waitress if she knew what gluten was and she said yes
but was not sure what food was gluten free. She said she would go get a
menu for me and that she also heard we can download them from the internet
if we wish in advance of going there. The manager brought me a menu right
away.
 My sister-in-law (not wanting to wait till I got the menu)ordered the
cheesy fries. I asked her to wait but she wouldn't not thinking of them
being fried in contaminated oil. The waitress was standing there while we
were discussing that. She brought me out a baked sweet potato at no charge
to have as an aussie-tizer so I would have to watch my sister-in-law eat
those fries. All in all, it was pleasant experience for my first time
eating out on a gluten free diet.
Linda