Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 08:47:32 -0600

We are making great progress on our new retail store MADWOMAN FOODS
BAKESHOP AND FOODERY at 4747 Nicollet Ave S., Minneapolis,
Minnesota.   The painting is done, the tile is up, the equipment is
nearly all delivered, plumbing is done, electrical is done.  I have
sore muscles where I didn't think muscles existed but it's coming
together.  This week I"m building the tables and counter.  Opening
date is still unknown since it is dependent upon inspections and
final City stuff but opening will be soon!

We will have sit down space for 12 people to enjoy a piece of pie,
cake, cookies, quiche, crepes, tea cakes, cupcakes, and other goodies
as we create them.  As they are munching, they will be able to have a
cup of organic, Fair Trade coffee or select from one of our 60 tea
varieties from Republic of Tea (only tea company certified GF).  In a
few months (as soon as we learn Italian so we can read the
instructions of our Italian ice cream batch freezer), we will be
making gf ice cream in flavors like cookies and cream and chocolate
chip delite!  Many of our items will be gluten-free and casein-free
and low glycemic of course.

You'll also be able to stroll over to our freezer area and buy our gf
pizzas, flatbread, meatballs, and other convenient entrees or select
from our variety of low glycemic cold drinks.  On you way out, you
will be able to buy a pie, cake, cookies or whatever to take home for
later munching.   Since we buy almond meal by the ton, we're going to
package some up in 1 lb bags for folks to buy at a more reasonable
price than you can get in the grocery stores.  We may also offer our
newly created gf flour mix in bags.  Of course there will be WheyLow
for sale along with this great Stir Fry Tea Oil from Republic of Tea
(a great trans-fat free oil that can be used at high temperatures).
We'll offer books and literature on gluten-free and low glycemic
eating and general nutrition along with an information area for
reading while sipping your tea.

There will be free samples available regularly and we hope to plan
some special nutritional events.  Our menu will grow over time.  We
don't make bread but are looking into stocking gf bread from other gf
artisan bakers.  (suggestions always welcome)

Of course, our tea cakes, pizza, and flatbread are currently
available for online shipping.  Everything we make is gluten-free and
low glycemic.  I am sporting a new gluten-free tatoo since I'm gluten-
free.  Check out our online store at www.madwomanfoods.com

Fresh and Natural Market in Shoreview, Minnesota, will be having a
Gluten Free Fest on Jan 20.  We will be putting our products on sale
at their store for this special day!

Our products are now available at Whole Foods Market in Lakeview,
Ill., and Meadowsweet Market, Sioux Falls, SD.

We offer a cooler a recylcing program for stores where they send back
our coolers for reuse in their next shipment.  This saves on the
environment!  I'm still trying to figure out how to expand this to
our individual customers.  Let's try to make 2007 the year of Peace
and Environmental Awareness.  Together we can make a difference.
Awareness is the first step to change.... "A mind expanded can never
be contracted" (Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Bren
Madwoman Foods