From:
Vanderveens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:45:11 -0800

Hi GF Friends,

Thanks you for all the notes of concern regarding my recent gallbladder
surgery.  I appreciate all the prayers for my recovery.

I have found out that celiac desease and gallbladder problems go hand
and hand.  It must be a weaker part of our body.

I had the surgery last Weds. and stayed overnight at the hospital.  I am
very glad I stayed overnight.  I was in no shape to be sent home.  I did
have the easier surgery, laporoscopy, 4 incisions. I did not have any
gall stones.   What I have noticed is when I eat "my insides" move
around and feel funny.  I still have some nausea and soreness.  It is
hard to explain how I feel internally!  I had the stitches removed this
morning.  The Dr. says, in about 6-8 days I should be feeling better.

We are planning to leave for our year long stay in Israel on Friday.
Some of you wondered why we are going to Israel.  My husband's job with
Intel Corp. is moving us there for him to work at the Haifa, Israel
campus for a year.  I am sooo glad I was still in America for this
surgery!  We were suppose to leave 3 days after I had the gallbladder
attack in the night.  We did get a refund for our plane tickets with the
help of a letter from my Dr.

I am on the mend and am getting my strength back to finish packing for
our trip.

See you all in Israel!  (via the Celiac Digest!)

Beth Vanderveen, Hillsboro, Oregon