Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:12:35 -0500

Thank you to the few that responded.  It appears that there is not a
support group in Springfield.  The nearest support group is in Pittsfield,
MA.  We ended up eating at Outback and had a good experience.  The
waitress was informed and was very good.  We did lunch at Wendy's.  I
looked at their website before we left and they have recently updated
their gluten and allergen listings.  My husband (the celiac) avoids
burgers there because of potential cross contamination but did fine with
the chili and side salad.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown.  There's a restaurant in the hotel
(didn't try) as well as a Mexican restaurant and Hooters across the
street.  Looked at the Hooters menu and it just didn't look promising.  We
were told that the Mexican restaurant was very limited in their food
selections, (no fajitas--which is usually the safe thing my husband goes
for so we didn't try it.

Thanks to all that responded...the following is what I received from the
listserve:

West Springfield:
Outback
Riverdale Rd, Rte 5

Carraba's (same road as Outback)

Springfield:
Texas Road House

Better Life Whole Food Store
1514 Allen Street
Springfield, Ma

Enfield, CT:
Red Robin  (note: fries not safe at this location)
Hometown Buffet

Lots of restaurants in Northhampton

Ruby Tuesday at Holyoke Mall
1 person had previous success with an 11 yr old.  My 30-something celiac
husband refuses to eat at Ruby Tuesday--our experiences haven't been as
great (other locations)--very little GFCF and the stuff that is was dry
and tasteless (no seasonings/no sauces).

Thank you for the help!

Angela