From:
Sheila Darbyshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 18:45:49 -0000

Hello everyone
I have two questions for the group

I have really bad and worsening arthritis in my knees and elbows.  I am
convinced that this is connected to gluten, but have to stay on gluten
for the time being until my biopsies are completed.  Does anyone know if
arthritis is connected to celiac, and does it tend to clear up once a
gluten free diet is achieved?

Also, I have a friend whose 14 year old son was investigated for celiac
at the age of 4 because of constant diarrhea.  He also had behavioural
problems. His blood test was negative and he went back to a normal diet.
 He has now been diagnosed with Aspbergers syndrome and needs a carer
with him at school.  Is there any connection between these two
conditions and if he avoided gluten is it likely to go away?

As always, thanks so much for your help.

Take care - Sheila (England)