From:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 18:25:45 -0400

Try Twenty21--it's upscale, (read: not cheap, but not really outrageous)
but we had a fabulous meal there. We called ahead and both the kitchen and
the wait staff, as well as the maitre d' seemed to be familiar with the GF
diet, and due to the call were prepared for us when we arrived.
http://www.twenty-21.com/<http://www.twenty-21.com/

Jules Thin Crust Pizza (GF) in Doylestown. Doylestown

Sotto/Upstairs Varalli---Locust and Broad St

Passage to India -- Walnut and Juniper

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse --Broad St

D'Jango--4th St between South and Lombard

Matyson---37 South 19th St

Lolita---106 South 13th

StFitzwater Cafe---7th and Fitzwater

Paradiso---South PhiladelphiaCucina

Forte---South 8th Street

Magianno's which will work with you (the King of  Prussia restaurant has
GF pasta on hand, but I don't know if the Phila. site  does). Also in
Phila., many of the small restaurants on South Street will work with you.
Jax Peters (GF Bible) lives in the area so she has talked to many of the
owners.

Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Emerald Fish--they make everything from scratch in view of the diners, so
you can request completely gf meal....specialty is fresh fish. 65  Barclay
Farms Shopping Center
Route 70 (Marlton Pike)
Cherry Hill, NJ  08034
856-616-9192
I've always made reservations to go here. Small place.  I don't usually
see kids here. More designed for adults. BYOB. Ask for Eddie the waiter at
Emerald Fish. Cork in Westmont, NJ . The chef always comes to the table
before we order .

Radicchio, on 4th Street in Philadelphia has also been great.

Matyson downtown Philly

Rae Restaurant at 30th St Station - Rave Review
This new venue has an excellent adaptable menu, great sides, careful and
communicative staff and GREAT chefs! When I made the reservation I
informed the staff of my allergies (which they wrote down) and was
reassured that the server and chefs would work with me to create a safe
meal. I had the beet and goat cheese salad with truffle vinaigrette (their
regular goat cheese is whipped with flour - so they opened a new package
for me and it was wonderful). For my meal I had the roast chicken (without
panko bread crumbs) and a side of mashed potatoes that were heavenly. They
even went to the trouble of making a special gluten free dessert just for
me with several fruit presentations! There were many other options on the
menu that would have been very tasty. I would HIGHLY recommend this
restaurant for a great meal!

Outback - Solid Staple

Thanks to all who gave us so many suggestions!

MJ
--
 MJ Thomas
 In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!

*******