From:
Amy Ratner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Ratner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 2009 22:51:20 -0400

Gluten-Free Living in the Good Old Summer Time

Summer is almost here. The next issue of Gluten-Free Living has all the info
you need to enjoy picnics, barbecues and all the season's casual eating
opportunities.

Best of all we have everything you need to know to enjoy everyone's favorite
hot weather treat - ice cream.

If you are looking for a different kind of tall, cool one to take the heat
off, you'll enjoy our story about one man who decided the best way to get
gluten-free beer was to brew his own.

If you're concerned about fitting into your bathing suit or shorts this
summer, you won't want to miss Dietitian Anne Lee's story about weight loss
and the gluten-free diet.

You'll also find new information on wheat starch and the gluten-free diet
from Donald Kasarda, a cereal chemist and respected expert on the
gluten-free diet. And we've done in-depth research into the question of
whether barley malt extract could ever be safe in gluten-free food.

Plus there's a lot more. We have a follow up story on how celiac disease
affects your bones. This time we explore the impact on the bone health of
children. In our food section, we lay to rest a few widely-circulated rumors
about foods that are bad for you. And if you are wondering whether the
recent boom in gluten-free foods is a bubble likely to burst, you won't want
to miss our analysis of developments at the Natural Foods Exp.

We also have all our regular features, including On Your Plate where we
answer your food and ingredient questions.