From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:51:26 -0500

Recommended Sides*: Creamy Cole Slaw, French Fries, Fresh Steamed Broccoli, Cinnamon Apples, Green Beans, Fresh Steamed Asparagus (in season), Fresh Corn on the Cob (in season), Both our original and mustard BBQ sauces. 5/06

Sofia Bistro: 7401 Pershing Av., University City 862-5224. Risotto items are GF as is the Eggplant appetizer. Chicken in the Caesar salad is GF. Ask for Mike and in the event he is not there, he assured me that his staff knows to check with the chef re: GF status.

Space: 19333 Kingshighway, St. Louis 773-2590 - Owner, John Rice will adapt recipes to make GF. Bring in pasta or pizza shell and try the Thai Chicken Pizza!

Sqwires: 1415 S. 18th, 865-3522. "Our family went to Sqwires in LaFayette Square for Mother's day and they were most accommodating to my children, they made fresh eggs and they had I believe bacon and fresh fruit. And they let us bring in hot waffles for them so they felt special also. I spoke with the owner first and he was most pleasurable. It is a lovely restaurant, but I strongly suggest a reservation. I do not know which days they do buffets but it is worth a try..it is a great restaurant. Hope this helps. website: www.sqwires.com" 4/06

Stir Crazy: 10598 Old Olive Blvd. Creve Coeur. 569-9300 - Thai Curry chicken, Chow Fun with Oyster Sauce, rice noodles, "Chose the option where you create your own stir fry and asked about their sauces. Only the premade Red Thai Curry sauce is GF, but the waiter said that they would gladly make any of the other sauces GF just for me if I wanted (peanut sauce, teryaki sauce, etc (must have a GF soy sauce stashed in the back?)). I actually wanted the Red Thai Curry sauce, so there was no delay before we could eat ... great meal, great staff, great experience. I suppose there is a slight chance of cross contamination since they reuse the same woks for cooking each meal, but it looks like they do a good job of cleaning them out before the next person's meal". "Also ate at Stir Crazy, on Olive recently and if you make your own Stir Fry (a fun option) they will bring you a GF sauce for it (ask server)". 2/06

Subway: Several locations. Salads: Grilled chicken breast, tuna, veggie delight, chicken strips - plain, bacon strips, cold cut combo, ham, roast beef, turkey breast, Italian BMT meats, all cheese selections; all dressings except Atkins sweet as honey mustard. Request clean gloves when preparing salads. 1/06

Sunset 44, 118 W. Adams, Kirkwood. 965-6644 - Aware of CD, gave excellent recommendations and checked with the kitchen when in doubt.

Sweet Tomatoes: Several locations - Soups: squash, lentil, navy bean, black bean, spicy bean, split pea, veg. medley and chili - all GF.

TGI Friday’s: Several locations - Atkins specials: Sizzling New York Strip, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger, Chicken & Broccoli, Salmon Fillet

Taco Bell: Many locations. Tostada, Fiesta Taco Salad with chicken, no beef, shell or red strips; Express Taco Salad, chicken/no beef; Zesty Chicken Border Bowl, no zesty dressing or red strips; Southwest Steak Bowl, no creamy jalapeno sauce. 10/05

Talayna’s: 68 Four Seasons Shopping Center, Chesterfield 469-6650 Bring along your pizza crust for them to add their delicious toppings to bake in their brick oven.

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard: 4224 S. Grand, 63111 - 352-7376; 6726 Chippewa, 63109 - 481-2652. "The ingredients list for the custard is: Milkfat and non-fat milk, sugar, eggs, honey, guar gum, carrageenan, dextrose, vanilla and salt. The concretes are made with just this custard and a flavor mixed in. I know the chocolate is GF but have never checked on any other flavors (if you have chocolate why would you want any other flavor). I'm sure a bunch of the other flavors are GF too but you're on your own to check them out... Some flavors are obviously a problem such as my daughters favorite, Oreo cookies, which has real Oreo cookies mixed in. Be sure to order your concrete made on a "clean spindle" - they are used to this request" 5/06.

Texas Roadhouse: 1220 S. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood. 822-0800 - Naked Buffalo Wings, cheese fries-no chili, tater skins, salads (no diet dressings) Grilled Chicken salad, house salad, Caesar Salad, chicken Caesar salad - no croutons. Ft. Worth Ribeye, Dallas Fillet, Big Hoss Bone-in Ribeye, Prime rib, Sirloin K-Bob, Road Kill, Filet Medallions (no seasoned rice), Texas T-Bone. Mashed potatoes, baked or Sweet potato, loaded baked potato, steak fries, Baked Beans, Sassy Sauteed Onions, Sauteed Mushrooms. Fresh Veggies, Baked Beans, smothered Chicken, no cream gravy, Oven roasted Chicken, Southwest Chicken, no black bean sauce, Grilled pork chops, Grilled Salmon, Killer Ribs & Texas Combos (ribs without BBQ sauce). Hot dog for kids, no bun, Lil’ Dillo Sirloin Bites, Cheeseburger w/o bun. 4/06

Thai Country Café: 6223 Delmar, 63130, 862-0787. Uses La Choy soy sauce which is GF. Recommended standard Thai dishes such as Pad Thai.

The Pizza Stone: 7333 Village Center Drive, O’Fallon, MO. 636-625-0500 Jeff, owner. With advance notice he will prepare GF pizza dough and clean out oven. If concerned about cross contamination, ask to cook on a pan and not in brick oven. "If you give the Pizza Stone a days notice they will make you the BEST GF pizza. They are so kind. My daughters party was scheduled to begin at 10:45 am. The Pizza stone opens at 11:00 am, so the owner opened at 10:15 am because he wanted my daughter to have her pizza on time for the party. She thought she was in heaven! Thank you Pizza Stone!!!!" Check out the menu at www.thepizzastone.com. 12/05

Thip’s Thai Cuisine: 1229 Lebanon Av., Belleville, 618-277-7900. "My son has been eating at a Thai Rest in Belleville and has done well there except for one time he forgot to remind them about the GF diet. They have a GF stir fry/pad sauce that is made from real soybeans-they will actually bring out the bottle so you can read ingred. It's up by Wade Square. I've eaten there twice and it was wonderful. Mrs. Summers is there most of the time and can ask any questions you have about the entrees. I would be sure to remind them each time you go. If we go often enough , maybe she would be interested in getting a luncheon together for us. I will ask next time I go." 3/06

Top of the Riverfront: 200 S. 4th, Downtown. 241-3191 - Many reported their having many selections including FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TART for dessert.

Truffles: 9202 Clayton Road. Ladue 567-9100 - Knowledgeable about CD. Most sauces are reductions vs. roux thickened with flour. Fillet of sole dusted with flour. Ask for it without. Mushroom risotto excellent. Flourless chocolate cake. Pricey, but they do have an early bird dinner until 6:30. 1/05

Uno's: 12445 Kirkwood, 63122, 835-9600 & 15525 Olive Blvd., Chesterfield 63017, 636-539-9119. Go on line for their list of GF food.

http://www.unos.com/kiosk/nutritionUnos.html 5/06

V. N. Café: 9720 Page, Olivette, 426-7950 - "Yesterday, we ate at V.N. Cafe, on Page at Dielman. Because of the employee, Gee, our meal was great and gluten free. When I told him of my needs, he took me to the buffet, and pointed out what was legal, and what was not----along with the brief explanation of why not. There was such a large variety, tasty and "all you can eat." Desserts were also legal, and I was thoroughly pleased and very full. He also has gluten free soy sauce in the kitchen, if you want. Try it!!" 10/05

Wendy’s: Many locations - Hamburger, chili, baked potato with sour cream & chives, bacon & cheese, broccoli & cheese, Caesar salad, spring mix salad, side salad, no croutons on salads, Taco supreme salad, fruit bowl with yogurt, lo fat strawberry yogurt, no granola, frosty, M & M crumbles, Butterfinger candy crumbles. 8/05

Wild Horse Grill: 101 Chesterfield Town Center, Chesterfield. 636-532-8750 - Servers very helpful and aware of Celiac Disease. Suggested grilled chicken in tomato sauce, grilled veggies and cheesy garlic potatoes.

Ya Ya’s: 15601 Olive, Chesterfield, 636 537-9991 - "I called the week before a scheduled event and spoke to the manager. At the affair, both the manager and chef came out to see that I was satisfied'. "I had a great experience at Yia Yia's on Olive this weekend. Basically, you can pick something off the menu and they will modify it for us! How exciting! It was a great time and the food was awesome!" ( 8/05)

Zia’s: 5256 Wilson Ave., 63110, 776-0020. "We ate there last night, and the day before I called Zia’s and spoke to Cory, the General Manager. She was extremely helpful and accommodating. They serve a number of dishes where they can leave off breading, and they will re-heat your cooked pasta in boiling water and serve it with any number of

GF sauces that they offer. I had their veal parmigiana and it was delicious. Cory told me that anyone is welcome to call her with questions and/or to let her know ahead of time of plans to dine there" Cory Chiodini-May, General Manager http://www.zias.com. 2/06

And, of course, from the ridiculous to the sublime: Tony’s. 410 Market Street, Downtown 231-7007 - Tell them you have CD and they will prepare you a GF dinner.