From:
Teresa Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 12:06:40 EDT

Thanks to everyone who responded to my GF charcoal inquiry.  Yes it was the
Gluten Free Trading Company - company info below....

The Gluten Free Trading Company sells g.f. charcoal.

I got this from their webpage...

Gluten-Free Trading Co., LLC
604A W. Lincoln Avenue
Milwaukee  WI 53215
Tel: 414-385-9950 or 1-888-993-9933
Fax: 414-385-9915
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

You may be able to buy large (50#) bags of real charcoal, not briquettes,
somewhere near you.  I found it listed under Charcoal in the yellow pages,
but Milwaukee is a large city.  Garden centers, hardware store may be other
places to check.  It is just hardwook charred without oxygen--nothing added
like lighter fluid & glue to shape it.  We have used it occasionally for
block parties in a large grill/roaster since it makes a better fire. It cost
more than regular briquettes, as I recall, but you would have a summer's
supply & not have to pay shipping.