Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:04:29 -0700

        I have had a number of list members ask for my cinn-a-bun recipe.
Well, here it is.  (If you would like a sample, come to our meeting (Celiac
Support of Phoenix) on April 5th!

        The basic bread recipe I use for these cinnamon buns came from a
recipe that list member Sylvia Smolorz posted in 1997.  It's a fantastic
bread/roll recipe that I have altered in various ways and it has always
worked well.  Sorry, there are not exact measurements or times in some
places.  My Italian mother always taught me to "play it by ear."   It takes
a little time to make thse cinnamon rolls, but the recipe makes lots (maybe
18 - 20 buns), so freeze them and enjoy for weeks.  (A quick 30 second nuke
in the microwave   takes them right out of the freezer and into your mouth!)

"SIN-a-Buns"  (I call them this - Because they're sin-fully delicious &
fattening!)

        Use the bread/roll recipe below, adding more flour (a little at
time) in order to make the dough more workable.  Then,  roll the dough out
on a floured board with floured saran on the top.  Make a large rectangle
(approx 14" x 20"). Then lift the saran, dot the dough w/butter and
sprinkle w/a lot of cinnamon/sugar and raisons.  (Sorry, I don't measure
amounts.)   Then, carefull y roll it up the long way (It will be
challenging) .  Place the seam on the bottom. With a very sharp knife or
non-flavored dental floss, cut slices approximately 3/4" wide.  Place the
pinwheels on a buttered cookie tray.  When the come out of the oven, I top
them w/a confectioner sugar glaze. Quite Yummy!  (And easily freezable.)

BREAD / ROLL RECIPE

1.  1/2 cup warm water
    2 tsp sugar
    4 tsp dry yeast
In a small bowl mix the water and sugar, add the yeast then let it
stand while you make up the rest.

2. wet ingredient
    1 1/2 cups of warm water
    4 eggs
    4 tblsp oil
    1 tsp lemon juice
  Mix the above wet ingredients in a bowl and beat well.

3. dry ingredients
   2 cups tapioca flour ( I use tapioca starch)
   2 cups rice flour    (OR 1 3/4 rice flour & 1/4 soy flour)
   2/3 cup powdered milk
   4 tsp gxanthum gum
   1 1/2 tsp salt
   1/4 cup sugar

Add the wet ingredients to the dry..adding the yeast mixture last. Beat
well (by hand) for 2 min.  (Add a bit more tapioca flour if needed.) The
dough will still be quite sticky.  Allow to rise once in a warm place until
doubled ( about 1/2 hour).  Put in a well greased bread pan and bake 350
for 25 min or so.  * * * You can also make delicious buns.  Either spoon
onto greased cookie sheet OR  form each  roll into a ball and flatten a
bit.   Allow to rise till double, then place on a greased pan.  You can
make these into sandwich rolls or burger buns, or even hot dog buns if
shaped that way.  Brush tops with egg yolk for a glaze (optional: sprinkle
w/sesame or poppy seeds)

        Nina :) & Charlie :-)
             Phoenix,  AZ
        '89FX3/Coupe (SAM)