From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:37:57 -0500

I'm going to the Mountain View/Sunnyvale CA area for a job interview; I'm
flying out on Sunday.  I'll have a room with a microwave and fridge, so I'll
cook and eat most of my meals there.  However, I will need to eat two meals
out at restaurants.

A good friend of mine has invited me out to eat at Fiesta del Mar in
Mountain View, CA. The web site is:  www.fiestadelmar.com.  I didn't find it
mentioned in the recent summary on SF area restaurants.  I did find a
mention of it at SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA RESTAURANTS WITH GLUTEN FREE ITEMS
-last updated 2/9/05
(http://celiacsupport.stanford.edu/restaurants/restaurants.htm)  It states
"Fiesta Del Mar, two locations in Mountain View. Lots of Mexican dishes.
Homemade sangria."

Does anyone have experience getting GF food at Fiesta del Mar?  Can you
recommend any specific dishes?  Do you know if their margarita mix is GF (my
friend is effusive in her praise of their margaritas)?  I plan to call the
restaurant before flying out, but I'd prefer to have some info in hand
before I do so.  :)

The second meal will be with the folks I am interviewing with will be for
lunch on Monday.  I haven't heard any info on the restaurant yet.  In fact
I'm trying to figure out how to steer them towards a local restaurant with a
GF menu (perhaps PF Changs).  If any of you have ideas on how to do that
without going into detail on CD, gluten free diet and casein intolerance,
I'd love to hear them!!  I'll summarize.

Dawn