From:
John and Nyla Paulsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:40:30 -0700

My original query was:

>> Hi List,
>> Would someone please tell me the differance between "Potato Starch" and
>> "Potato Starch Flour".  If there is a differance, is there a good source
>> for the Potato Starch Flour.  We can't seem to find it in the health food
>> stores.

From the 22 responses I received I have never received such a unanimous
response to a query. Nearly everyone was in agreement that "Potato Starch"
and "Potato Starch Flour" are one and the same.  Many responders also
commented that "Potato Flour" was totally differant and most said they do
not use it at all while a couple noted that it was useful as a thickening
agent.  Even got a very nice response from one of the better known vendors
of gf products (nice to see that some vendors take an active part in these
lists seemingly without intending it as a commercial).

A big "Thank You" to all who responded. Your comments are very helpful
John in AZ