From:
Robin Moorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:20:25 EST

I emailed Outback Steakhouse regarding GF staus of their menu items, and they
kindly forwarded a full menu (in word format) to me.  I tried to forward it
to the listserver, but it was rejected.  The menu is very detailed, put
together by a rep from the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG).  The menu
forwarded to me, however, does clearly state that the info has not been
verified by Outback Steakhouse.  The list was put together by Cynthia Kupper,
and she is a Registered Dietician with GIG.  I suggest you contact them and
have a menu forwarded to you if you have been staying away from their food
due to questions of GF status.  There are MANY items on their everyday menu
that are GF.  It is so wonderful.  I have enjoyed the Ribs on the Barbie, and
Alice Spring Chicken so far since receiving the list.  Their food is
absolutely wonderful!

I believe their website is www.outback.com.  I was very impressed, and will
continue to visit their restaurants in the future.