From:
Ona Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ona Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:39:23 -0800

  October 31, 2006

  (   (   (   HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!   )   )   )

  Thank you for the quick responses.   Oh, and they're so helpful, too.
  I will continue to send Summaries as they come.

  Thanks, again, and I hope this information helps someone else, too.  :o)

  Bon Appetite,
                         Ona

  1) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Variety of Vegetables, Root Veggies, & Ethnic Cooking Recipes
  It seems as though you do have a great challenge, one worth taking.  You new adventure can be exasperating.  Your results are worth it.

  I suggest you delve in to all sorts of vegetables and create as many dishes with written results for your reminders.

  Look at the yams, dried beans, ethnic cooking of course minus the grain.
  Bean flours plus potato starch can give you a good substitute for rice, corn etc flours for cookies or baked products.

  Good luck on your adventure

  2) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "THE SPECIFIC CARBOHYDRATE DIET"
  You would enjoy my website at www.austinscdfriends.com
"The SCD is changing lives."

  3) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Recipe for POTATO PIZZA:
   I am sure you will get a lot of responses so I will only share one of
our favorites...Potato pizza.  Left over baked potatoes work great for
this. As does a cast iron skillet (or one that can at least go into the oven as
well as the stove top)  Anyway, slice enough cooked potatoes (about 1/4 in) to
cover the bottom of your pan and let them warm and get the bottom crisp
on the stove top -don't move them about.  After the potatoes are brown,
pour beaten eggs mixed with a bit of water or milk (if you can have) over
the top.  Then add whatever you like...we like lots of roasted peppers and
onions.  Put in the oven on 375 for about 15-20 min unitl eggs are set.
Once it cools a bit you can cut it like a pizza and eat it.  It is great
leftover cold also!!!  It is kind of like a quiche or frittata but without the
cheese.  Enjoy.

  Helpful Websites:
  I think you'll find a lot of recipes you could eat from the SCD.
Here are some websites you might want to look at:

http://www.scdrecipe.com/index.html
http://www.pecanbread.com/recipes.html
http://www.scdiet.org/2recipes/default.html

Hope this helps!