From:
Patrick Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 13:14:44 EDT

for knowledge.

I am new. I am researching Celiac disease and a little confused, as there
seems to be some contradictory opionions about diagnosis, what is safe to
eat, and who really ^has^ the disease.

I am wondering if anyone has info regarding Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and
Celiac disease. Specifically, do you know anyone who went for years with what
they thought was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome dealing with symptoms like extreme
fatigue, headaches, foggy brain, dizziness, fluish feelings, irritable bowel,
etc. only to be diagnosed with Celiac after learning about it and getting
tested? If so, did their symptoms improve after going GF?

Also, does this type of pattern ever occur with people who DONT have Celiac
disease, but have the symptoms and then improve on a GF diet?

Thanks for any info!

Patrick in California (San Francisco, to be exact)