From:
Sharon Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:17:53 -0500

Many THANKS to all those who reponded to my request for places to
eat GF in the Great Lakes area and Downtown. We went last week
and had a really great time. Next time I will know exactly where to go.
One person asked where Great Lakes was-  it is quite north right on
the shore  where the naval base is located , not Grayslake but straight
east. Below is the summary of the information that I received. I hope
that this along with the other restaurant listings I  have seen lately help
anyone interested.

Check out leye.com for a list of restaurants that are accommodating to
any kind of food sensitivites.

Go to  www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 59 national/regional
restaurants.

Also check www.csags.cjb.net under restaurant list.

Downtown:
    Adobo Grill 1610 N. Wells 773-266-7999, Mexican
    Vinci Restaurant 1732 N. Halstead 773-266-1199, Upscale Italian
GF menu
    Luciano 871 N. Rush Street, servesGF pasta
    Mity Nice Grill—Water Tower Mall
    Peterino's—State  Street, reservations???
    Cheesecake Factory Hancock Tower
    Flat Top Grill near Northwestern Univ.
    Ben Pao aware of celiac needs and several GF items on menu.
    Foodlife  Court—Water Tower 312-335-3663, is part of the Lettuce
Enterain  You chain.

Great Lakes area:
    Wildfire Restaurant in Lincolnshire
    Ruth's  Chris in Northbrook and Downtown
    P.F.Changs in Northbrook
    Outback Steakhouse in Gurnee
    Southgate in Lake Forest
    Jimmy's Char House in Great Lakes area
    On the Border in Vernon Hillsarea
    Highland area call ahead to many restaurants
    Lettuce Us Entertain You chain-all personnelaregiven instructions
for people with special  dietary needs.

Again thanks to all who responded to  my request for suggestions.
Sharon