From:
Ted Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 05:01:43 GMT

Oh Yes the list is alive and it is great.
It just shows how sensitive subjects are, how individual we all are and our
approaches and how important it is to spill your gut (pardon the
expression) when your gut hurts.
I also like to add my wisdom to the diskussion about glutenfree and how
much and so on and if so why not if yes than how and well i am too!!!

Ilike to post an old post that i posted a while ago as it touches on the
subject.

Well in my opwn humble opionion these two things should always be looked at
as two different things.

One is the perspective of the 1) manufacturer,the other is the perspective
of the 2) consumer,possible and likely a celiac.

1)It has to be clearly controlled and legislated when the term glutenfree
can be used by a manufacturer. If any ingredient or any production methods
indicate the slightest possibility of gluten contamination or glutencontent
in a product the manufacturer should not be allowed to state that this
product is glutenfree or use the termonologie in any written or oral
presentation of such product.

Other cases might be ,products are run on the same line as gluten products,
flours or ingredients are produced in a gluten environment like wheat mills
that produce riceflour.

2) A consumer is the ultimate decision maker what she/he consumes. They
should have all the information handy to make an informed decision
however.It is totally up to the consumer to determine how much gluten is
too much not the manufactureres.

So there you have it.
I think it is really important to find your tolerance level of what you
except as safe for you or for your kids. Ultimately it is your gut and that
of your chidren.
I think that nobody can claim all the wisdom for them selves,except me.

Ted Wolff