From:
Linda Mccarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:24:26 -0400

I saw on one of the summaries that Veratrum ALB 30C helps if you put two
pills under the tongue after ingesting gluten.  Has anyone tried this?  What
are your experiences (both good and bad)?  Are there any side effects?  Do
you take them immediately after you realize you've ingested gluten or they
effective a day later when you realize you've eaten something you didn't
know had gluten in it?  Are they gluten-free?  Where can you purchase them?
Is it safe for an 11-year old?  Is there anything else I should know about
Veratrum?

I don't plan on using it to "allow" my daughter to eat gluten.  I would like
to have "something" on hand for those days when she is so sick and we
realize that she has accidentally ingested gluten.  She has been sick for
the last 4 days and she wants me to help her and I can't.  If anyone has any
other suggestions that have worked, please let me know (her symptoms are
sore throat, swollen glands in her neck and abdominal pain - she ate 1/2
bagel on Thursday).

I've also seen where people take papaya pills.  If you have experience with
that, can you please answer the same questions for the papaya pills as I ask
at the top of this page about the Veratrum?  (Has anyone tried this?  What
are your experiences (both good and bad)?  Are there any side effects?  Do
you take them immediately after you realize you've ingested gluten or they
effective a day later when you realize you've eaten something you didn't
know had gluten in it?  Are they gluten-free?  Where can you purchase them?
Is it safe for an 11-year old?  Is there anything else I should know about
Veratrum?)

I went to a Herb/Holistic Healing Shop today and they have never heard of
Celiac, so it wasn't much help when I was asking for the above-mentioned
products.  They showed me a bottle of Papaya Mint when I said that I was
told that Papaya pills would help.  Are Papaya Mint and Papaya pills the
same thing?

Thanks for your help!

Linda