Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:10:00 EST

Dear friends,

As consumers, we often have concerns about what our providers know (and do
not know) about genetics, but often we do not have a chance to describe what we
think providers need to learn.  Now we have an opportunity to be heard by an
organization that teaches health care providers about genetics -- the National
Coalition for Health Professional Education in Genetics (NCHPEG - pronounced
NITCH-peg).

The Genetic Alliance is partnering with NCHPEG in a survey.  The purpose of
this survey is to ask families living with genetic conditions about their
perceptions of their health care providers knowledge of genetics. The information
from this survey will be used to develop genetics education for specific types
of health care providers.

This is an opportunity to be heard and to have our member's voices heard.
Please take a minute to respond to this survey at
http://www.nchpeg.org/SGGC_Survey/Survey.asp.
If the responder has more than one medical condition, s/he may respond to the
survey once for each condition.

You and your members are the experts -- we need your help!!!!

Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD
Executive Director
Gluten Intolerance Group of NA
15110 10th Ave SW, Ste A
Seattle WA 98166-1820
Phone: 206-246-6652; Fax: 206-246-6531

GIG is a member organization of the Genetic Alliance
http://www.geneticalliance.org