From:
"Bryden, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bryden, Linda
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:04:18 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Here is the summary.

Not in Springfield, but if you are driving by car, you may be passing
one of their locations:

http://www.biaggis.com/

found this site that might be helpful - I am not from the area

http://springfieldmoms.org/celiac-disease-and-gluten-free-eating-options
-in-springfield/

Godfather's Pizza. Godfather's employees go through training to make
sure they can make a GF pizza without cross contamination.  The store in
Springfield on Wabash as well as the store in Mt. Zion offers GF
options. (Please note the Chatham Store does not offer GF at this time.)

A little more than a month ago, Monicals Pizza started offering GF
pizza.

We like Smokey Bones, Outback, and Chilis. All three have staff who seem
to have a handle on the GF diet. We eat at Outback for special
occasions. It actually has a GF menu which we ask for when we receive
the other menus. Smokey Bones and Chili's both have information about
what's GF on their websites, and we've found staff also have access to
that and have been helpful

Pasta House in Springfield has GF pasta.

We also eat at Xochimilco. I've asked about gluten there, and they've
assured me the meat does not have wheat in it. We just make sure what we
order is made with corn tortillas, and the kids have been okay eating
there. It's one of their favorites.

County Market, at least the one on Monroe in Fairhills Shopping Center,
has a great selection of specialty food items, including frozen GF bread
and other products and mixes. Meijer also has a section with some GF
products between the fresh deli and the meats. It's been difficult to
find GF things at Wal-Mart at this point."

Fun city - dont miss the Lincoln Museum downtown, or Lincoln's Tomb

Received the following information for Springfield, Mo.:  There are two
locations for Mama Jeans Natural

 Foods and one for Akins Health Foods in Springfield.  There is also
Spring Valley Natural.  As for regular grocery stores, Dillons, Price
Cutter, and Walmart have several locations and they are building a new

HyVee.  All of the above have GF foods, but some locations have more
than others.

For restaurants with GF menus, Springfield area has Outback, Chilis,
Chipotle, Wendys, Carlos O'Kelly, Hu Hot Mongolian Grill, Red Robin,
Chick-fil-A, Dennys, and Lone Star Steakhouse.  Bud & Walt's makes GF

Pizza and is in Nixa which is a southern suburb of Springfield.  Chez
Robert is a nice little tea room like restaurant in Nixa and they will
do GF.  I know that some locations of Godfathers have GF pizza as
well.There are some little independent restaurants in town that will
also do GF -- I know that Bambu Vietnamese Restaurant has a GF menu, for
one.