Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:35:14 EST

I emailed BB through their website, and they told me they can prepare a main
meal for me gf, if I just ask, but I haven't been there yet. The usual
routine...plain chicken, fish, steak,  potato,  vegetables. Nothing exotic.  I live
near the one in Cherry Hill, NJ. If I go, I'll speak with the manager or chef
ahead of time. I plan to go there off peak hours to avoid the rush
in the kitchen, especially since I'm going someplace new.

I have eaten at Bahama Breeze a number of times.  At out location, the chef
does happen to be pretty savvy about gluten -- and the servers, in talking to
him, are always able to present me with a number of options that are GF.  It's
a big, busy restaurant, so I do feel a bit of a risk when eating there -- from
a cross-contamination and/or "accident" standpoint - but I've always been OK
after my meals.
I went with a group about a month ago for the first time.  I was sick the
next day, but I'm suspicious of the tropical margarita I had, rather than the
entree.  I had the broiled tilapia which was served with sweet potato.  This was
the first time I had a rum drink in many years.
HI!  I eat there frequently and have had no difficulty.  I explain the
situation and they are very accommodating.  I recall from an earlier post that their
fish in a bag is OK and I have also had their tilapia which is OK.  They
easily make substitutions.  It's a delightful ambience and since we live in MI, it
is nice in the winter to feel that one is in the Bahamas!!!  Barb