From:
Chris Myer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:41:26 EST

Hi

 This is a conclusion on doxycycline produced by WAT or Watson  manufacture.
I spoke personally to this company today after a friend gave me a phone
number. I at first got the run around bounced from one person to the next,
then one preceded to tell me their product was out of stock and told them I
was calling about the gluten status thoroughly explained this now to 3
different people. I was discouraged by this time. I was put on hold and then
transferred to someone in California, which took forever to find out and
finally the person came back on the phone with a "YES it is gluten free", but
there was just something about the YES that bugged me I got the feeling after
I said somethings they still didn't have all their ducks in a row, so as all
of you know I was off this medicine for 2 days and my headache finally went
away and my stomach felt a little better. I preceded to take the medicine
again this morning on the notion it is gf, and today at 4:30pm I am so sick
with a headache I am dizzy again and feel sickly.  I personally do not trust
the "YES on the gluten free status". It is true it could be a side affect but
went I talked with my doctor they didn't seem to think so I am now on another
antibiotic that is suppose to be gluten free will let you know it my status
changes.

Oh, one more thing the Watson Company told me that headache has never been
reported as a side effect to them, but nausea has as well as decrease in
appetite, and diarrhea has.  I of course get the headache first and then feel
sick later on my stomach.

C VA