From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 21:48:56 EDT

The SnoKingCeliac Support Group will meet on May 13, 2008 at the Bothell,  WA
(Northshore) Group Health Coop Clinic from 7-8:30pm. This will be a 'gab  and
goodies' meeting. Bring a book (NOT a cookbook) or title and author of a
book which helped you after you were diagnosed and/or began following a gluten
free diet. Plan to share how that book helped you. (Did anyone read and learn
from "Dangerous Grains", since the last meeting?) While we share our favorite
book titles, we will enjoy samples of 3 different bread mixes from "Tastes
Like  Real Food". 3 volunteers from our group each baked one of the mixes for
this  meeting. Before we eat, I will ask for volunteers to bake the next gluten
free  mixes for our meetings. If you have additional allergies/intolerances
besides  gluten, check the ingredients on the package before sampling each
bread. I will  also provide free samples of 'GLEE' gum, which you may have already
seen at PCC  or Whole Foods.

The Seattle Celiac group members will join us at our  next three summer
meetings, while they search for a new meeting location. Our  upcoming meetings will
feature:

June 10: "How Wheat Became a Dietary Staple", a presentation by Kaili
McIntyre, owner of DaVinci's Gluten Free Bakery (and formerly Kaili's Kitchen).  She
will talk about the history of wheat and how wheat transformed our diets.
She will also provide free samples from DaVinci's Gluten Free Bakery.

July 8: "Beyond the Gluten Free Diet", a panel discussion by 3 celiacs.  They
will share how their ongoing symptoms shaped their recovery journey after
strict adherence to the gluten free diet. Then they answer questions about
healing symptoms which persist beyond the gluten free diet.

August 12: Meeting Focus (to be annouced) by Earl Ley, Leader of Seattle
Celiacs. He will organize and present the agenda at that meeting.

I hope  you all plan to attend our summer meetings. If you need directions to
our  meeting location or have any questions, email [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  or call me at  206-527-6678.

SUE CORNING, Facilitator
SnoKing Celiac  Support

favorites at AOL Food.