From:
Melissa Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 12:57:30 -0400

WHAT  A  DIFFERENCE  A  FEW  DAYS  MAKE!!

Yesterday I received a replacement shipment from the Gluten-Free Pantry for
the previous order I had that was stale.

This order was sent Federal Express and arrived in two days.

The sugar doughnuts and the chocolate covered doughnuts were delicious.

 I also ordered cinnamon-raisin bagels and poppy seed bagels.  I think these
tasted as close as one can get to the real thing.  Well, maybe not as close
as one can get, but these tasted fairly good - a nice alternative for
breakfast.

And lastly the pretzels that came were pretty good.  They are not
Philadelphia soft pretzels but again they are pretty close.

All in all I would say it would be worth ordering again from them to have
things on hand.  People have written about making their own doughnuts,
pretzels, and bagels but I think ordering from the Gluten-Free Cookie Jar is
a good option when you don't have time or patience to cook these items.

One caveat though.  The items should be mailed Federal Express.  If they are
mailed in some manner that will turn the mailing time into 4 or 5 days the
order won't be good.  Personally I think the Gluten-Free Cookie Jar should onl
y mail things for two day delivery (at least fresh baked goods).  It is bad
for their business to have customers receiving stale food.

Thanks again for all your posts.  I have ordered a shipment from De-Ro-Ma and
am looking forward to receiving a shipment that includes lasagna noodles...

Melissa