Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:30:35 -0500

Sorry this is so late in coming.  Here is a summary of suggestions I
received to my question of where to eat in OKC around the state capitol:

Two people suggested the following website:
http://www.okceliac.com/restaurants.php

One person suggested:
In Bricktown (Between north of Reno / south of  Sheridan / east of E.K.
Gaylord) - north of 10th street and the Capitol.

-Mantle's Wine and Bistro
201 E. Sheridan
(Sheridan and Mickey Mantle Drive)
Telephone: 405/236-8040

Unique and sophisticated menu. Gluten free friendly and knowledgeable
staff will assist you.

-Bricktown Brewery
1 N. Oklahoma Avenue
Sheridan and Oklahoma in Bricktown
Telephone: 405/232-BREW

Gluten Free Menu Options:
Smoked Hot Wings
Artichoke Crab Dip (substitute corn tortilla chips)
7-Layer Dip (substitute corn tortilla chips)
Nachos. Our beef & Chicken Nacho meat are both hand made in our kitchen
with all fresh product.
Fiesta Taco Salad (substitute corn tortillas)
Chicken Fajita Salad
Brewery House Salad
Kansas City Strip
Bricktown Sirloin
Grilled Chicken Dinner
Jakes Style Ribs
Sliced Beef Dinner
Sliced Pork Dinner

Side Dishes:
Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes
Curly Fries
Baked Potato (no butter)
Our BBQ Sauce contains natural flavoring so it is not an option.

We do not serve real butter with our potatoes or bread

-McDonalds (at Santa Fe and NW 23rd st)- west of the Capital  on 23rd st.
-Arby's (at Interstate-44 and NW 23rd St.)- west of the Capitol on 23rd st.

Visit our website at www.okceliac.com !

One other person suggested:  Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for
a list of 59 national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat
free items. There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented
to restaurant personnel to ease the ordering process.

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I appreciate it.

Lori