From:
Susan Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:29:29 -0800

Becca asked:
" has anyone had
particulary good or bad experiences with food from the Gluten Free Pantry-
especially Bagel mix, Country French Bread mix, Angel food Cake mix, cookie
mix? It all sounds great- Any suggestions on other mail order  catalog
products?"

I just for the first time got the country french bread mix and made bagels with
Ener-g Egg Substitute since my son is allergic to eggs too.  They made
beautiful bagels and they tasted real but apparently he had a very bad
reaction to SOMETHING in the mix or in the GF yeast I bought from them or in
the Ener-G substitute because he became VERY sick.  He has corn allergy too and
has actually never had yeast in his life so it could have been the corn
starch. I don't know what effect yeast might have on a person.

Anyway, technically, they were a success.  Now i have maybe 4 1/2 lbs of
very expensive stuff left over.  I figure the 5 trial ones I made cost us
$6 each.

Susan.