From:
Ronan O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ronan O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 02:52:04 +0000

I have self-diagnosed celiac disease/gluten sensitivity. I've been on a
gluten-free diet for 3 weeks now and I'm delighted to say I've experienced
huge improvements in my physical symptoms (depression, stomach pains,
bloating, canker sores etc.. ). However, other problems that I've been
having (which I think may be related) have been exacerbated to a very
uncomfortable degree.

Since going gluten-free I am in a state of near continuous chronic anxiety
and panic -  I feel like my skin is crawling. I've also been suffering from
very uncomfortable muscle pains and cramps - mostly in my shoulders and
back. I'm an otherwise healthy 23 year old male, and am finding this very
difficult to deal with.

Prior to my self-diagnosis, I had been medically-diagnosed with a B12
deficiency. I'm taking 1000mcg Methycobalamin B12 lozenges daily, a general
B vitamin and a general multi-vitamin complex. I am fairly certain I am
gluten free (only eating food I know myself to be GF, and have verified
supplements I'm taking are GF).

I have searched the archives, and the web for information relating to GF
withdrawal effects, but haven't found much useful information other than
that it does exist. I would sincerely appreciate if anyone who knows more
about this to contact me with any advice they can offer.

I will summarise.

Many thanks,
Ronan