Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:43:36 EDT

HI folks-

I just wanted to summarize what I gathered about travelling to Williamsburg
VA / Busch Gardens.

ALthough I didn't go to each of these places, food can be bought at Ukrops,
Elwood Thompsons and Health Shelf.  Ukrops is what i was closest to and got
some good stuff there!

I stayed at a Marriott REsidence Inn - there was a turner burner stovetop (No
oven - need to ask for a room with one specifically) so I could cook,
microwave and dishwasher.  It was perfect for us.

I called Busch Gardens ahead of time and they told me I couldn't bring a
cooler in the park but 'could enjoy my meal at picnic tables in the parking
lot."  Good thing I buried my goodies in my day bag as we had to tram it from
our parking spot to the park - about 20 minutes!!!!  NO one even questioned
me - so next time I will bury it again or just not ask.  If I had
depended/planned on that being the solution - I would have surely panicked
once I got there.

I didn't look around to see what might be GF to eat in the park - this was
the first park experience I have had since going GF and eating unique and
different foods has always been a pasttime of my husband and I - so I avoided
it as to not become sullen over 'the loss'.  There were plenty of places to
get bottled water.

It was a great day and made it through.  Panic set in in the AM before we
left the hotel and lasted until I was planted firmly on the ground inside the
park with my lunch and no one stopping me.  After that I felt normal.  ALso,
plenty of bathrooms - no lines or waiting.

Thank God for those of you who helped with info and extra special thanks for
those of you supporting me in the anxiety piece.  I will beat this thing if
it kills me!!

My son loved it and now I have wonderful memories of a short but sweet family
vacation and feeling normal  (and feeling like I saved money - cause I didn't
get gauged at the park with food!!!)

Sally Hackett,  Raleigh NC