From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 09:14:30 -0500

Good Morning All--

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about antibiotics and
how they affect diagnosed celiacs. One interesting thing I found among
all of the respondants was that antibiotics seem to constipate or
otherwise affect the motility dramatically. This is not what I've found
among non-celiacs - a connection, perhaps? Anyway, this is how the
replies tallied:

1  Recommended acidophilos
1  Antibiotics don't work well at all on sinus infections
1  Slow motility; used Propulsid to help this problem
1  Allergic to all antibiotics

I had several responses on how to treat sinus infections, which were
greatly appreciated!

3  Used a salt water or saline/soda solution lavage to irrigate the
      sinuses
1  Used a nebuelizer with chlorophyl and saline to inhale the mist and
      moisturize the sinuses
1  Recommended high doses of vitamin C for several days
1  Used Beconase prescription nose spray

I truly appreciated all responses as this last bout with constipation
almost resulted in major surgery! Thanks, again, to everyone! I'll be
trying the saline solution irrigation today - pollen is horrendous here
in Kansas this year!

Ayn.