From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:33:30 EDT

I just received an update, in writing from McNeil  It states that the
following medications are gluten free by method of testing for gluten.
(This is great because they were unsure of their suppliers and went to
the trouble of testing for us.  Keep up the good work, celiacbuddies, they
are beginning to listen to us.)

Children's Motrin Oral Suspension
Children's Tylenol Chewable Fruit Burst Flavor Tablets
Children's Typlenol Cold Multi-Symptom Plus Cough Chewable Tablets
Children's Tylenol Suspension Grape Flavored Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol Caplets
Extra Strength Tylenol Liquid
Extra Strength Tylenol PM Gelcaps
Imodium AS caplets
Infant's Tylenol Cherry Suspension Drops
Lactaid Original Strength Caplets
Lactaid Ultra Caplets
Maximum Strength Tylenol Allergy Sinus Caplets
Motrin IB tablets
Motrin IB Caplets
Multi-Symptom Tylenol Cold Tablets
Sesame Street Complete Vitamins and Minerals
Tylenol Extended Relief Caplets

For the remainder of McNeil's products: it states QUOTE:

Glutens a naturally-occurring proteins found in grains such as wheat,
rye barley and oats, but are not found in corn.  The source of starch in
this formulation is corn.  Other inactive ingredients may be derived
from a source other than corn.

We are not aware of pulished reports associating the use of our products
according to package label directions with a worsening of symptoms in
patients with celiac disease.

Carol in NJ